U.S. Rep. Rose Votes ‘No’ on Another Continuing Resolution

Washington, DC—Today, U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) voted ‘No’ on the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2872, Further Additional Continuing Appropriations and Other Extension Act, 2024, which would extend federal government funding until March 1st and March 8th at levels supported by then-Speaker Pelosi, Leader Schumer, and President Biden that originally passed in a December 2022 funding bill totaling $1.7 trillion.

Rep. Rose has voted ‘No’ on each temporary funding bill known as a Continuing Resolution that has been passed and signed into law since Congress last passed the December 2022 omnibus, which Rep. Rose also opposed.

Rep. Rose released the following statement:

“I have consistently rejected each irresponsible Continuing Resolution the House has voted on since Congress last passed a funding bill in December of 2022,” said Rep. Rose. “Tennesseans deserve better than this short-sided and careless approach to funding the federal government that does nothing to secure the border or cut the bloated spending that caused inflation. Instead of further delays, I truly believe Congress should cancel any planned recess days until we can get our work done and deliver a funding bill that secures our border and cuts wasteful spending. Anything else is a disservice to the Tennesseans I represent.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/us-rep-rose-votes-no-another-continuing-resolution