U.S. Rep. Rose Attends Farm Bill Listening Session Tour with Speaker McCarthy and Chairman Thompson at World Ag Expo

Tulare, CA—Today,

Members of the House Agriculture Committee heard from farmers, ranchers, producers, agribusiness owners, and more as they solicited feedback as they begin crafting the 2023 Farm Bill.

Watch the listening tour session here.

U.S. Rep. John Rose (TN-06) released the following statement:

“First, I’d like to join everyone in thanking all of those who shared their insight today and those participating in the World Ag Expo.

Farmers are working hard day in and day out to put food on our tables and clothes on our backs. I am proud of the work our committee is doing to help them achieve their goals.

As we look to begin crafting the 2023 Farm Bill, the insights shared today by direct beneficiaries and stakeholders of this critically important legislation are invaluable to policymakers. As an eighth-generation farmer and former Tennessee Agriculture Commissioner, it is always helpful to hear from the different and unique perspectives our ag industry folks bring to the table from every corner of America.

I’d also like to thank Chairman Thompson for his leadership on the committee, and Speaker McCarthy for his leadership and great judgment in supporting G. T. Thompson for his chairmanship, and for participating and placing an emphasis on agriculture policy in the new Congress. Major thanks also go out to Members of the California delegation for hosting us. As a new member of the committee, I am excited to participate in this and similar events across the country.”

Background:

Members who were present and participated in the listening tour:

• Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA-23)
  • Chairman Glenn “GT” Thompson (R-PA-15)
  • Rep. David Valadao (R-CA-22)
  • Rep. Jim Costa (D-CA-21)
  • Rep. Doug LaMalfa (R-CA-01)
  • Rep. David Rouzer (R-NC-07)
  • Rep. Salud Carbajal (D-CA-24)
  • Rep. Jimmy Panetta (D-CA-19)
  • Rep. John Duarte (R-CA-13)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/us-rep-rose-attends-farm-bill-listening-session-tour-speaker-mccarthy-and