U.S. Rep. John Rose Votes ‘Yes’ on Israel Aid, ‘No’ on Ukraine Aid

Washington, DC—Today, U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) voted ‘Yes’ on H.R. 8034, the “Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024;” which provides $26.83 billion in aid to Israel in response to the Hamas terrorist attacks on October 7th, 2024, and ‘No’ on H.R. 8035, the “Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024”; which provides $60.84 billion in aid to Ukraine.

U.S. Representative John Rose released the following statement:

“Our only Democratic ally in the Middle East, Israel, is in dire need of immediate assistance, which the House delivered for a third time with my support,” said Rep. Rose. “I have always stood in steadfast support of Israel and will continue to do so until they emerge victorious in their battle against Hamas.” Rep. Rose continued, “I have consistently voted against sending billions of borrowed dollars in foreign aid to Ukraine without a realistic strategic plan from the Biden Administration to win the war against Russia. I support Ukraine’s right to defend itself; however, I do not support the Biden Administration’s half-baked plan to ship Tennesseans’ hard-earned taxpayer dollars across the Atlantic without a solidified strategic plan for victory and sufficient cost-sharing by European countries more directly affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I will continue to do everything in my power to conduct oversight and accountability of these tax dollars to prevent another Biden Administration disaster like Afghanistan.”

Background:

Rep. Rose has now supported foreign aid funding for Israel on three separate occasions this year. H.R. 6126, the “Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024;” H.R. 7217, the “Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024;” H.R. 8034, the “Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024”

For more information on H.R. 8034, the Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024; and H.R. 8035, the Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024, click here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/us-rep-john-rose-votes-yes-israel-aid-no-ukraine-aid