Rep. Rose Takes to House Floor Again to Lambast Biden Admin’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan

Washington, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) took to the House Floor again on Thursday to express his concerns over the Biden Administration’s proposed student loan forgiveness program.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below:

Mister Speaker, time and time again, President Biden and Congressional Democrats have made the choice to blatantly disregarded the dire state of our country’s finances.

Even when a few members of his own party voted in favor of House Joint Resolution 45, which would have rescinded his unilateral student loan forgiveness executive action, the president vetoed it. Now, when given the choice to override the President’s veto, radical House Democrats doubled down on their decision to force this taxpayer funded bailout of student loan borrowers down the throats of the hardworking, blue-collar workers who never saw a penny of the $400 billion in “forgiveness.”

Mister Speaker, it is truly a shame, and I express my regret for the millions of Americans who never went to college or responsibly paid off their loans. I stand with them in calling out this ridiculous and unconstitutional taxpayer-funded bailout.

You can watch the full speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-takes-house-floor-again-lambast-biden-admins-student-loan-forgiveness