Rep. Rose: Spending Bill Protects Nation’s Food and Drug Supply, Cuts Wasteful Spending, Protects the Unborn

WASHINGTON, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) spoke on the House Floor again on Tuesday to underscore his support of H.R. 4368, the Fiscal Year 2024 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies appropriations bill.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below: 

Mister Speaker, this week, House Republicans are considering the Fiscal Year 2024 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies appropriations bill, which prioritizes agencies and programs that protect our nation’s food and drug supply, and support America’s farmers, ranchers, and rural communities—like the one I represent in Middle Tennessee.

As a farmer and former state agriculture commissioner, I cannot stress the importance of the programs in this bill and how farmers and families rely on them. Whether its rural broadband, WIC, or supplemental nutrition, the programs in this bill go a long way to make sure folks have enough food and fiber to be productive citizens in our society.

But that’s not all the bill does. It reins in wasteful Washington spending, protects the lives of unborn children, and prohibits agricultural land purchases by those associated with our foreign adversaries. I applaud the work of the Appropriations Committee to include these provisions.

You can watch the full speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-spending-bill-protects-nations-food-and-drug-supply-cuts-wasteful