Rep. Rose Speaks in Support of Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act

WASHINGTON, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) spoke in favor of H.R. 3935, the Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act, on the House Floor Monday. The bill reauthorizes the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), allocates funding for various programs and projects, and includes agency directives through FY2028.

The full speech, as prepared for delivery, is below:

Mister Speaker, each time I meet with officials from the Nashville International Airport, which I have the honor of representing in Congress, topics consistently include workforce shortages and recruitment issues.

It’s why I rise today in support H.R. 3935, the Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act. This legislation will streamline Federal Aviation Administration operations, help grow the aviation workforce, invest in airport infrastructure, and improve the flying experience for millions of Americans. It will improve the passenger experience by making key improvements to air traffic control.

The aviation industry supports 11 million jobs. This bill aims to ensure it continues to grow and flourish in for years to come. It supports programs that will attract more pilots, mechanics, and assembly workers. But it also helps ensure those folks are supported and that FAA rules and regulations aren’t getting in the way of innovation, competition, or employee retention.

You can watch the full speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-speaks-support-securing-growth-and-robust-leadership-american