Rep. Rose Speaks in Support of CHOICE Arrangement Act

Washington, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) spoke in favor of the CHOICE Arrangement Act Wednesday, a bill that would offer small business owners more flexibility and affordability when offering health coverage to their employees.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below:

Mister Speaker, according to the National Federation of Independent Business, small businesses have ranked the cost of health insurance as their number one problem for 32 years straight.

That’s just one of the many reasons why House Republicans will be working to pass the CHOICE Arrangement Act this week, which was introduced by my good friend and Chairman of the Republican Study Committee, Mr. Kevin Hern.

The CHOICE Arrangement Act will enhance the flexibility and affordability of healthcare options for small businesses by aiming to reduce administrative burdens and empowering small employers to provide the type of healthcare coverage that works best for their employees.

As a small business owner, I know that when Washington gets involved in our ability to make the best decisions for our employees—things go awry.

That’s why I urge my colleagues to join me in supporting the CHOICE Arrangement Act by voting ‘Yes’ on its passage.

You can watch the full speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-speaks-support-choice-arrangement-act