Rep. Rose: President Biden Should Be Held To The Same Standards As Anyone Else In This Country

WASHINGTON, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) expressed concerns on the House Floor Wednesday about a possible two-tiered justice system, following the release of Special Counsel Robert Hur’s report on his classified documents investigation.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below:

Mister Speaker, I rise to express my grave concern for our country’s judicial system.

Recently, a special counsel investigating President Biden’s mishandling of classified materials chose not to pursue felony charges because the president’s memory had such “significant limitations” that the counsel was not confident he could convince a jury that Mr. Biden held the required “mental state of willfulness.”

I’m highly suspicious this is yet another example of President Biden’s two-tiered justice system, which is a serious concern to me, the Tennesseans I represent, and freedom-loving Americans everywhere.

President Biden should be held to the same standards as anyone else in this country. If he has the mental acuity to be president, he has the mental capacity to be charged with this serious crime. Period. Anything else wreaks of an abhorrent two-tiered system of justice or a man who has no business being our president.

You can watch the speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-president-biden-should-be-held-same-standards-anyone-else-country