Rep. Rose Marks One Year Anniversary of Landmark SCOTUS Decision Overturning Roe V. Wade On House Floor

Washington, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) spoke on the House Floor Wednesday ahead of the one-year anniversary of the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling in Dobbs V. Jackson.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below:

Mister Speaker, this weekend, on June 24th, marks one whole year since the landmark Supreme Court decision that overturned Roe v. Wade. As we look back and celebrate this occasion as a win for all those that believe in the sanctity of life from the moment of conception, I can’t help but wonder how many lives have been saved since this decision.

Of course, there is still more work to be done. But I am forever thankful for those across our great country and my home state of Tennessee who helped achieve this victory. From those who have traveled and continue to travel to our nation’s capital every year since 1974 to march for life, to the many volunteers and professional counselors who provide caring services to pregnant mothers at crisis pregnancy centers, this was truly a national movement.

Showing great insight at the time, our Tennessee state legislature took decisive action prior to the Dobbs v. Jackson decision to outlaw most abortions the moment this decision was returned to the states. I couldn’t be prouder of our state, which has become a leader in the pro-life movement in recent years.

Now that innocent, unborn children have the legal protection they so desperately needed, I believe we must continue our efforts to protect children from gender mutilating surgeries, the horrid sexualization of our children’s classrooms and libraries by drag queen performances on public property, and to protect women’s ability to play sports against other women.

As a Christian, father, and husband I will always stand up for what’s right for our families and fight back against the Left’s attack against our conservative, Christian beliefs. And just like with Roe v. Wade, I believe we will be victorious. So, with that, I ask all members present in the chamber to join me in a moment of silence for those millions of unborn babies who lost their chance to live out the life God meant them to have to the horrid practice of abortion.

Pause

Thank you. And with that, I yield back.

You can watch the full speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-marks-one-year-anniversary-landmark-scotus-decision-overturning-roe-v