Rep. Rose: I am Proud to Cosponsor Legislation to Strike Down ATF’s Pistol Stabilizing Rule

Washington, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) spoke on the House Floor Tuesday in support of House Joint Resolution 44, legislation that would strike down a recent rule by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) relating to “factoring criteria for firearms with attached stabilizing braces”.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below:

Mister Speaker, today I rise in support of legislation I am proud to originally cosponsor--House Joint Resolution 44, which would strike down the ATF’s unconstitutional pistol stabilizing rule.

Time after time this administration has shown they show little-to-no regard for our God-given rights protected under the U.S. Constitution. That’s why it’s no surprise to see unelected agency bureaucrats pushing for this outrageous and draconian regulation that criminalizes firearm ownership for millions of law-abiding Americans.

Under this rule, many of the service-disabled veterans who rely on these braces would no longer be able to exercise their second amendment freedoms and right to self-defense.

That’s why I was proud to be an original cosponsor of this legislation and to vote in favor of its passage on the House Floor.

Shall not be infringed means exactly that. Rest assured, I will always stand against efforts like these to diminish our God-given Second Amendment rights.

You can watch the full speech here

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-i-am-proud-cosponsor-legislation-strike-down-atfs-pistol-stabilizing