Rep. Rose Highlights House Republican Efforts to Protect Girls and Women Sports

WASHINGTON, DC—U.S. Representative John Rose (TN-06) took to the House Floor Monday to highlight the legislative efforts by the 118th Congress to ensure biological females only compete against other biological females.

The full remarks, as prepared for delivery, are below:

Mister Speaker, Wednesday is National Girls and Women in Sports Day, a time to highlight House Republicans’ efforts to protect women’s right to compete against other athletes on equal footing.

Last April, Republicans passed the “Women and Girls in Sports Act of 2023.” It makes clear that allowing a biological male to compete in a sport designated for women or girls is a violation of Title IX. The bill requires schools to only recognize a person’s reproductive biological sex at birth when determining athletic eligibility.

It’s simple: if you were born a biological male, you compete against biological males. In fact, the vast majority of Tennesseans call that common sense.

This weekend, my family and I attended a Lady Vols basketball game. It reminded me of how proud I am to fight to prevent them from ever having to compete unfairly against biological men.

You can watch the speech here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://johnrose.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-rose-highlights-house-republican-efforts-protect-girls-and-women-sports