Rep. Ogles Announces 2023 Congressional Art Competition Winne

COLUMBIA, TN - Congressman Andy Ogles (TN-05) has announced the winners of the 2023 Congressional Art Competition.

(Winner Luke Campbell of Ravenwood High School  with Congressman Ogles and his piece ‘Popping Bubble’ 

which will be displayed for the year in the halls of the U.S. Capitol.)

The first-place winner is Luke Campbell of Ravenwood High School. His art piece ‘Popping Bubble’ will be displayed in the United States Capitol Building for the next year, proudly representing the Fifth District. Luke was also awarded the generous $1,000 prize scholarship to Columbia State Community College. He will have the opportunity to travel to Washington, DC later this year to attend a reception for the winning artists from across the country.

FIRST PLACE

'Popping Bubbles'

Luke Campbell, Sophomore

Ravenwood High School

(Digital Art)

SECOND PLACE

'Brotherly Love'

Bethany Little, Senior

Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

(Gouache Paint)

THIRD PLACE

'Liberty and Justice For All'

Ibtihal Cheko, Sophomore

Hume Fogg Academic High School

(Digital Art)

“It was a privilege to celebrate all of the incredibly talented young artists in our district,” said Congressman Ogles. “I am thankful for each of the students, parents, teachers, and sponsors that made this year’s competition a success. A special thank you to competitor Lucy Allen, who kindly donated her entry to my Columbia District Office for everyone to enjoy. I am excited to see Luke’s creativity and skill on display in the halls of our nation’s Capitol.”

(Lucy Allen of Lipscomb Academy with Congressman Ogles and her piece ‘Nashville Skyline’ which she donated to the 5th Congressional District’s Columbia Office.)

# # #

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ogles.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-ogles-announces-2023-congressional-art-competition-winne