Rep. Green Announces Military Service Academy Application and Deadlines

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rep. Green Announces Military Service Academy Application and Deadlines 

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – Today, Rep. Mark Green announced important details regarding this year’s service academy nomination process. 

Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.

Members may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to their district. To request a service academy nomination, applicants need to complete the request form, linked here. Once the form is complete, the applicant will receive the application. All application materials are due Friday, November 1st at 5:00 PM CST.

Rep. Green said, “I look forward to service academy nominationseach year. The Volunteer State is home to the best of the best—and I know our students will serve with honor and distinction. My time at West Point instilled in me the importance of duty, honor, and country, and it was the oath I swore there that led me to a lifetime of service. Service academies cultivateleaders by immersing students in rigorous coursework and the corepillars of leadership. I commend every young Tennessean who embraces this challenging but rewarding path.”

###

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://markgreen.house.gov/2024/6/rep-green-announces-military-service-academy-application-and-deadlines