WASHINGTON, D.C., (July 12, 2023) – U.S. Congressman Tim Burchett (TN-02) proposed five amendments to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2024. The amendments are listed below:
- Selective Service for Transgender Individuals – Requires any individual who identifies as a man to sign up for the selective service.
- Unconscious Bias Funding – Prohibits federal funding from being used for unconscious bias training.
- UAP Declassification – Requires the Department of Defense to declassify any documents and records relating to publicly-known sightings of unidentified aerial phenomena that do not compromise the national security of the United States.
- R&D Contract Cost Sharing – Requires recipients of federal defense contracts for research and development to acquire 25% of program funding from non-federal sources.
- FPI Contract Sharing – Prohibits the Federal Prison Industries from receiving federal contracts that have been set aside exclusively for small businesses.
Congressman Burchett is proposing these amendments as part of his commitment to promoting fiscal responsibility, increasing transparency, and rooting out waste, fraud, and abuse in the federal government.
All proposed amendments must be reviewed and approved by the House Committee on Rules before being brought to the floor for a vote. The full NDAA is expected to be brought to the floor on Friday, 7/14.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://burchett.house.gov/media/press-releases/rep-burchett-proposes-five-amendments-national-defense-authorization-act