ICYMI: Kustoff Meets with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, Addresses Members of the Knesset, and Visits Sites of Oct. 7th Attack

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Congressman David Kustoff (R-TN), Chairman of the House-Knesset Parliamentary Friendship Group, traveled to Israel at the invitation of Speaker of the Knesset Amir Ohana to officially launch the House-Knesset Parliamentary Friendship Group in Jerusalem. 

Congressman Kustoff delivered a historic address to members of the Knesset to reiterate the United States' support for Israel’s efforts to eradicate Hamas and other Iranian-backed genocidal terrorist groups.
Following the address, Kustoff met with Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu, to discuss Israeli defense efforts in the North against Hezbollah and the success of the war in Gaza. Additionally, Kustoff reassured PM Netanyahu that House Republicans will continue to stand with Israel and ensure they have the resources they need to defend their nation.
Congressman Kustoff also joined the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on a visit to Kfar Aza, a kibbutz in southern Israel, as well as the Tribe of Nova music festival grounds. These two locations were targeted by Hamas terrorists during the October 7, 2023, invasion.
"It was an honor to travel to Israel to officially launch the House-Knesset Parliamentary Friendship Group at the Knesset," said Congressman Kustoff. "I thank Prime Minister Netanyahu and Speaker Ohana for meeting with me to discuss how the United States can continue to support Israel in her fight for freedom against radical terrorism. As Chairman of the House-Knesset Parliamentary Friendship Group, I will do everything in my power to make sure that Israel has the tools it needs to defend herself and destroy the forces that seek not only Israel's destruction, but the destruction of the entire western world and the values we all hold dear.”

Clickhereto watch his speech andherefor his remarks as prepared. 

Congressman Kustoff addresses members of the Knesset. 

Congressman Kustoff meets with Speaker Ohana. 

Congressman Kustoff meets with Prime Minister Netanyahu and Speaker Ohana. 

Congressman Kustoff visits site of the Tribe of Nova music festival with the IDF. 

Background:  During a bipartisan congressional delegation to Israel, former Speaker Kevin McCarthy committed to forming a Parliamentary Friendship Group with the Israeli Knesset. The House-Knesset Parliamentary Friendship Group is a historic alliance between members of Congress and members of the Knesset tasked with strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship. 

###

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kustoff.house.gov/media/press-releases/icymi-kustoff-meets-israeli-prime-minister-netanyahu-addresses-members-knesset