Harshbarger Office Makes Book Delivery to Sevier Schools

KODAK — Staff from the office of U.S. Rep. Diana Harshbarger (TN-01) recently visited Northview Primary school and Northview Junior Academy in Kodak to deliver book donations.

“Preparing our future leaders with the resources they need to find success in and out of the classroom is near and dear to my heart,” said Congresswoman Harshbarger.

“The U.S. Library of Congress Surplus Books Program, led by Joe Mahar and his colleagues, is a godsend for schools throughout East Tennessee, and I would like to thank them for their continued assistance in our effort to promote a successful future for our next generation. Through the continued communication of librarians Jessica Randles and Michele Bowman, my office was able to play a small role in supporting their tremendous efforts to foster a creative learning environment for inquisitive young minds.”

National Book Month is observed during the month of October, which focuses on the importance of promoting an interest in and highlighting the importance of reading, writing, and literature.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://harshbarger.house.gov/media/in-the-news/harshbarger-office-makes-book-delivery-sevier-schools