Congressman Ogles Announces 2023 State of the Union Guest

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Andy Ogles (TN-05) is excited to welcome world-renowned neurosurgeon and former Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Dr. Ben Carson, as his guest for President Biden’s State of the Union Address on February 7th, 2023.

“It is an absolute honor to welcome Dr. Carson to the People’s House as my guest for the State of the Union,” said Congressman Ogles. “Dr. Carson is an embodiment of the American Dream and has dedicated his life to serving others. He is a brilliant neurosurgeon, distinguished author, Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient, and dedicated public servant. I look forward to hearing his insights on the President’s speech and the state of our country.”

Dr. Ben Carson: “I am honored to attend the State of the Union tomorrow night with Congressman Ogles. In his short time in Washington he has already proven to be a great asset for the conservative movement and a leader for his constituents back in Tennessee. However, I am far less optimistic about the prospects of the President’s speech as the country continues to grapple with a crisis at our southern border, price increases in our daily lives, diminished national security, and a culture war that aims to indoctrinate the next generation of Americans. Thankfully we have organizations like the American Cornerstone Institute and true conservatives like Congressman Ogles to fight back against the left’s agenda.”

The State of the Union will be held at 9 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. CT

# # #

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ogles.house.gov/media/press-releases/congressman-ogles-announces-2023-state-union-guest