Congressman Fleischmann Mourns Passing of American Hero and Medal of Honor Recipient Captain Larry Taylor

Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Representative Chuck Fleischmann (TN-03), released the following statement mourning the passing of Medal of Honor recipient Captain Larry Taylor. Cpt. Taylor was a Hamilton County native and Signal Mountain resident and received the Medal of Honor on September 5, 2023, for his heroic and selfless actions during the Vietnam War.

“I am heartbroken to hear about the passing of Captain Larry Taylor last night. Cpt. Taylor exemplified the best of Tennessee and America and what it means to serve others and freedom. One of the greatest honors and privileges I’ve had in my life was getting to know Larry and his family and participating in advocating for Cpt. Taylor to be rightfully awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic and selfless actions during the Vietnam War that saved the lives of his brothers in arms.”

“Please join Brenda and I in praying for Cpt. Larry Taylor as he is reunited with the Lord and his family during this difficult time. We thank God for Larry Taylor’s life and service to America and the cause of freedom. We will never forget this great Tennessean, patriot, and hero.”

###

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://fleischmann.house.gov/media/press-releases/congressman-fleischmann-mourns-passing-of-american-hero-and-medal-of-honor-recipient-captain-larry-taylor