Congressman Burchett's statement after UAP hearing held by House Oversight Committee

WASHINGTON, D.C., (July 26, 2023) – Today, U.S. Representative's Tim Burchett (TN-02), Anna Paulina Luna (FL-13), and Jared Moskowitz (FL-23) and the House Committee on Oversight & Accountability subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs held a bipartisan hearing into Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAPs).

“I think it went really well,” said Rep. Burchett. "We had great witnesses come in with real, credible information and I think we opened a floodgate on this issue. I think the genuine and honest testimonies given by these witnesses opened a lot of people's eyes and I'm grateful for that. I also want to thank my colleagues and I look forward to continuing working on this issue so that we can bring more transparency to the American people about what our government does or doesn't want us to know." 

Witnesses:

• Ryan Graves, Executive Director, Americans for Safe Aerospace
  • Commander David Fravor (Ret.)
  • David Grusch, Former National Reconnaissance Officer Representative, Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Task Force, Department of Defense

The full hearing can be found here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://burchett.house.gov/media/press-releases/congressman-burchetts-statement-after-uap-hearing-held-house-oversight