Burchett, Blackburn lead resolution congratulating Volunteers on College World Series championship win

WASHINGTON, D.C., (July 9, 2024) – U.S. Congressman Tim Burchett (TN-02) and Senator Marsha Blackburn, joined by the entire Tennessee delegation, led a resolution congratulating the University of Tennessee, Knoxville on their first College World Series National Championship in program history. 

“This team achieved greatness under Head Coach Tony Vitello and they deserve to be recognized. They represented our community and state well and I think I speak for everyone when I say we couldn't be more proud of their success this season.” Said Rep. Burchett.

Rep. Burchett and Sen. Blackburn were joined by Sen. Hagerty and Reps. David Kustoff (TN-08), John Rose (TN-06), Mark Green (TN-07), Scott DesJarlais (TN-04), Steve Cohen (TN-09), Diana Harshbarger (TN-01), Chuck Fleischmann (TN-03), and Andy Ogles (TN-05). 

The full text of the resolution can be found here.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://burchett.house.gov/media/press-releases/burchett-blackburn-lead-resolution-congratulating-volunteers-college-world